Earth Active Code of Ethics
Earth Active sets forth this Code of Professional Ethics to guide the professional and personal conduct of all its staff (employees, associate consultants and temporary workers) and business partners. The Code is complementary to our Employee Handbook, Bribery and Corruption Policy, and the terms and conditions in Associate Service Agreements we hold with partners.
Our mission to be recognised by our chosen clients as their trusted ESG partner in delivering responsible investment outcomes requires us and the people we work with to demonstrate leadership in upholding ethical values and responsible conduct.
We are guided by international frameworks such as the International Bill of Human Rights, the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the principles set out in the International Labour Organization’s Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work.
Earth Active is committed to:
- Demonstrating Integrity in everything we do;
- We expect all staff to adopt a zero-tolerance approach to bribery and corruption. The Company’s Anti-Bribery and Corruption Policy contains more information on this area, including potential disciplinary action if found in breach.
- We provide employees as well as external stakeholders with an accessible system to report offences or problems, including an anonymous whistleblowing mechanism.
- We respect confidentiality in our engagement with clients and partners; all information gained during the course of your employment is consideration confidential, for the duration of your engagement and post-engagement
- We strive to ‘do the right thing’ when facing difficult situations, ensuring issues are communicated in a timely, honest and truthful manner.
- At all times we seek to act with impartiality and professionalism, avoiding bias, prejudice and conflict of interest.
- We understand that sometimes ending business relations may be the right decision if ethical standards set out in this Code are not being met.
- Embracing Diversity across our workforce and associate base
- Earth Active is dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for everyone, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, colour, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, marital status, and political affiliation as well as gender expression, mental illness, socioeconomic status or background, neuro(a)typicality, or physical appearance.
- We expect all staff to be supportive of colleagues, both proactively and responsively. This includes offering help when you see someone struggling or otherwise in need of assistance, as well as taking active steps to gain awareness of cultural differences and unconscious biases.
- We treat clients and colleagues as we would like to be treated – with respect and dignity
- Providing a Safe workplace
- Staff are responsible for ensuring they are familiar with the Company’s health and safety policies and procedures, including the consequences of breaching these.
- Everyone has a right to a work environment free from harassment. Harassment can include any behaviour (verbal, visual or physical) that creates an intimidating, offensive, abusive or hostile work environment
- Everyone should feel comfortable speaking up; it is important to raise questions with your manager if you feel unsafe if you have reason to think someone is not following our policies.
- Managers are expected to create an open and supportive environment where their team feels comfortable raising concerns and questions
- Making a positive contribution to Human Rights
- We are committed to compliance with human rights laws. We are committed to upholding fundamental human rights and believe that all human beings around the world should be treated with dignity, fairness, and respect.
- We do not use or condone the use of slave labour or human trafficking and denounce any degrading treatment of individuals or unsafe working conditions.
- We promote the right to participation and self-determination, always bearing in mind the end-users or those impacted by our services, ensure all voices are heard and empowered to participate in all aspects and actions affecting their lives.
- Protecting the Planet
- We recognise the environmental challenges our planet faces and our unique role in addressing these through our work. We commit to providing a leading example to act on issues like climate change swiftly and innovatively.
- We are guided by the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals on climate action and responsible consumption & production.
- We strive to minimise any negative impact to the environment by making conscious choices in procuring services, office and IT consumables, and work-related travel.
In the course of their employment or engagement, Earth Active staff members are likely to be confronted with a wide range of situations and problems. This guidance is not intended to be exhaustive. Rather, it serves to remind staff members of the principles of ethical behaviour and standards of conduct that should guide their decisions and actions. All Earth Active staff members are expected to familiarize themselves with the Code, and to seek further clarification and assistance in cases of uncertainty.